Gems of Wisdom
- Look at this project as a learning experience. Even if things don't all work perfectly, you will have gained immense knowledge
- When debugging, do not go on for hours. Take a break and look at it with a fresh mind.
- Don't try to run a whole program all at once without ever testing it. It will most likely not work and will take hours to figure out what's wrong. Instead test piece by piece.
- When possible, try to work on large parts of the project in parallel. Just because you don't need a shooter until the third checkpoint doesn't mean you should put off designing it.
- Early morning is the best time to test on the field. Test early and often!
- Take the time to plan the layout of your circuits before soldering.
- Keep state charts up to date when coding.
- Download TeraTerm to a team member's laptop - it will make life much easier when testing and debugging on the field.